1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bassman 250/210 Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Dec 17, 2006.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Does anyone have any experience with this cab? I've tried it out the past couple of times I was at Guitar Center, and I was really impressed with it. Main thing I'd like to know is can this combo handle an 8 ohm ext cabinet? I know it goes down to 4 ohms, but I'm not sure what it is running at in standard mode.

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Anybody? :confused:

3. h00t

h00t

Jul 14, 2006
    Central WI
    I borrowed one for a show on top of an apartment building. Didn't really get to stretch it's legs too much since I only needed to have it on about 2-3 for volume. But from the couple of hours I used it, I know it sounded great for just two 10s. They cost about 600 to 700 bucks, but you could get a more powerful amp and a 4-10 cabinet in that price range. Big combos like the Bassman 250 are difficult to carry and you can't really upgrade them at all. But if you always have a helping hand and only plan on doing large bars/clubs at most, then it's a solid choice.

4. I've played this amp, it does sound good..super punchy. However, it delivers full power to the internal speakers. For a little more dough, the 400 pro can power another cabinet, or two.

5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    yup ... tough price range for it to compete .. lotsa options for that money are either more portable, more power, or more speaker surface ... but it does sound good, I will agree with that