1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bassman 250...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Feb 16, 2008.

1. I have a question about the Fender Bassman 250/210. Do you know if this combo can be jacked into an external cab so it plays through the internal 2x10 plus the external cab? Thanks.

2. RikiTiki2

RikiTiki2

Oct 31, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I think it's full power with the internal, so you can't do that plus an extension

3. I took my Geddy in to get the action lowered at the GC in St. Louis.
    After it was done the guy who did the work on it gave it to me and took me to the bass room to plug it in. I opted to try it out on the Bassman 250/210 since I wanted to check out this amp. I have to admit, to me, it sounded great. I can see myself getting that combo in the near future.

4. tank4checo

tank4checo

Feb 14, 2008
    new mexico
    i know the 210s it uses are 8 ohm impendance so i think if the external is also 8 ohms it can since the amp canbe ran throught 4 ohm impendance be done but im not sure if im remembering the math right for the ohms. but you deffinitly cant connect a 4 ohm cab ontop of the 8 ohm one. i did my research on this amp since i was going to buy it a couple of weeks ago but got a new bass instead so im probley going to get that amp in a month or two. good sounding amp in my opinion.

5. Oh man, I loved the sound of the amp.

6. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    I am pretty sure you cannot hook up an external cab AND run it with the combo speakers. That thing gets pretty dang loud though. Should cover most med sized gigs no sweat. AND I am pretty sure the speakers in there are wired for a final 4 ohm load as that amp puts out 250 at 4 ohms, not 8. If you want a to hook up an external cab, you need the 400 pro or whatever it is... that will run you about a grr.

7. After trying in out I don't think I would want to hook a 1x15 to it. I like the way it sounds.