1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bassman 300 Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WhoDidTheElf, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Hey all,

So I made a rookie mistake and powered on a Tube head without a speaker cab attached to it. Had the amp in standby letting the tubs warm up and turned standby off. Lights went green and then the power to the whole unit shut down instantly. No pops or smoke. Unplugged the amp and realized the cab I thought was plugged into was not any more. Checked the fuse, but I can't tell if it's blow as it's the solid white type and I don't have access to a multimeter.

Odds are how much damage have I done to the amp? Could it possibly just be a blown fuse and a lesson learned?

Thanks in advance!

2. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    Since you mentioned the green lights I assume you mean the Super Bassman.
    I have one, and have managed to do this a couple of times :woot: in the several years I have owned it.
    After correctly connecting the speaker load, the amp returned to working properly.
    If yours doesn’t, I would guess it would merely need the fuse replaced.
    I feel Fender designed these amps to be nearly idiot-proof, and I keep testing that out!

dbbltime, armybass and rodl2005 like this.
  3. Ditto

4. Thanks for the input. I'll go head and get a replacement set of fuses for it.