Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bassman 400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jake15, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    Ive recently been consitering a Fender Bassman 400 because i play in church and I need alot of sound. The problem is I also enjoy slapping like im freakin flea.Church and flea differ very much. Is the Fender Bassman 400 capable of both and how does it hold up( moving around alot).Is it worth the 1000bucks. If not what sre some other good companies and molels?

-------------------------Jake

"u can write stuff on stuff n" stuff"

2. I think the Bassman series is generally excellent. I have tried the 400, but went for the 100 as I just didn't need that much power. And didn't have that much money. I have not, in the 6 months I have had the amp, regretted this decision.

Fender amps are well built and stand up to being hauled around very well. When I tried the 400, I was impressed by the variety of sounds available, more than the 100. The 100 gives me the trad sound I need.

The 400 is also extremely portable for a 350 watt combo.

I have tried Ampeg, SWR, Marshall, Trace Elliott...and Fender just does it for me. But it's all so subjective. Try it out and see.