1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Bassman 410 Pro SL Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by drd07, Nov 23, 2003.

1. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Hi all,
    Does anybody have experience with this cab? I noticed that it is pretty lightweight (78lbs) and is angled, so you can monitor yourself better. Do you think that this would be a good match for the bassman 300 tube head?

2. I've been eyeing that cabinet too. I like how it's angled. I tried the Sunn 410H with the Sunn 300T, which is pretty much the same setup you're looking at, with the exception of the Sunn not being an angled cab of course. This was a good match, seemed like they were made for each other. Then again, I think the 300T, and bassman 300 would sound great through almost any cab.

3. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Sweet. I've been eyeing that Fender 215 cab too. It only weighs 85 lbs! Right now I'm using 2 avatar 210's. Avatar states that the 210's can handle 700 watts each. Do you think that the bassman 300 (300t) is too strong for the fender cabs since both of them (either the 410 or 215) handle 300watts each?

Have you ever had any problems with the sunn 410 cab with the 300t at high volumes? :bassist:

4. I didn't own the 300t, I just tried it with my cabs, at a store and not at gig volume...so I can't help you there. But I will say it sounded amazing, the 300t seemed voiced to match the same brand cabinets. I will say this, I regret not buying the 300t.

Sometimes I brought just (1) 410 and the 215. Whenever I did this I laid the 215 on it's side and placed the 410 on top. The slanted fender cab would be sweet like that.

5. oops! I messed up that post somehow. Hope I didn't confuse you.