1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bassman 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by woody357, Apr 16, 2010.

1. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    I got a offer to buy a Fender Bassman 410 for $199., not bad shape. I don't know anything about the Fender equipment, can someone tell me if this is a good deal and how do they stack up with other gear.

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I have Fender Pro cabs which are the upper level. However a 410 Bassman could be worth the $$$ asked. What cab you are running is just as important. The Bassman line is not designed to handle a monster load. I believe 200 to 300 watts tops. I could be wrong, check it out on the Fender site. However if compared to other cabs on the same level, Fender Bassman should be ok......:cool:

3. woody357

Jun 17, 2005
    It handles 350watts, I'd be using it with a GK 800rb head, I was wondering about the sound, most amps sound fine in the store I wanted to know about live. I really wasn't in the market for a 410, but the price wasn't bad so I had to check it out. I'll wait about a week or two get more info on it, and if it is still there i may get it.

4. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach

Not to derail the thread, but how do you compare the Fender Pro cabs vs. the Ampegs in your profile?

OP, I know Hawaiian Islander plays a Bassman 410 and likes it a lot. Maybe send him a PM?

5. ronster91

ronster91

Apr 10, 2008
    Collins NY
    I'd jump on it if the cab has the Eminence Speakers.

6. woody357

Jun 17, 2005
    It does, that's what made me look at it more, I've never been into Fender other than their basses( 77 and older), but when I saw this cabinet, and started checking it out and looked it up on the Fender web page it got me thinking.
    The funny thing is when io put their picture side by side it looks just like the Avatar 410. eahhahhahhaahthings that make you go hummm?

7. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    If it's a Fender 410 "Bassman" cabinet, 25"x23"x14". It has Eminence speakers. It's rated at 700 watts program/350 continuous. It has a limited range and was designed to be used in conjunction with Fender's Bassman 115 cabinet. (From Fender's Frontline catalog 06, page 220.)
    If it's a Fender 410 "Pro" SL or ST cabinet, 25.5"x25.5"x18.5". It has Eminence Cast Frame drivers. It's rated 1,000 watts program/500 watts continuous and is full range and can be used as a stand-alone. (From Fender's Frontline catalog 06, page 218.)
    The Avatar 410 should be closest to the "Pro" model except it uses the up-dated Eminence Neo drivers with extended x-max.

8. woody357

Jun 17, 2005
    I am trying to date this cabinet, but the Fender site is no help, any way I can look up the date on it I have the Ser#. I want to date it because the Bassman410 has a port but the cabinet doesn't, but the plate on the back says that is what it is.