1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bassman 4x10 and 1x15 - What Amp would be optimal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GENRLEE, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

As a follow-up...there is no need to match brands of cabs and head. You can play mix-n-match as much as you wish. As you now understand from this thread, mixing components does require some knowledge of impedence and what both your cabs and head are designed to do.

I would advise, however, that if you get a second 4x10, in that purchase you try to match the original brand and model of the other 4x10. The cabs will complement each other.

2. makohund

makohund

Dec 12, 2002
    If you did for some reason decide you wanted to get a different head, but wanted to keep using that 4x10 and 1x15 together... get one with two separate power channels. So you can control the volume of the two cabs separately.

If you push your rig hard enough as is, the 15 won't be able to take as much power as (or keep up with) those 4 10s. Separate controls would allow you to balance them better, to avoid damaging the 15 in those circumstances.

+1 to getting another matching 4x10 instead if you really want more volume.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 as I see it, the one thing that needs attention is the 410/15 pairing. I'd keep your 250 watt head, dump the 15, get another identical 410, and call it a day. Your rig would be louder, and more importantly, you won't be risking damage to the 1x15. Also, +1 to reading all the stickies and faq's. there's alot to know, and it ain't rocket surgery.

4. GENRLEE

GENRLEE

Jul 16, 2012
    A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO REPLIED!! Think I'll check into getting another 4x10 Fender and get rid of the 15 as many of you have suggested. Everyone have a great day!