Fender Bassman 4x12 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nighttrain1127, Dec 19, 2005.

1. I have been looking At a used fender bassman 4x12 and was wondering if anyone knows about them or uses /has used them. Are they any good? I play mostly classic rock,Some blues and funk . Don't plan on any big venues ect. And I am going to be powering it with a SUNN 300T Head. What do you think? :cool:
  2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Don't get it. Its better suited for guitar than bass. You will blow it out with the 300T. It sounds good before it farts, but it farts really easily. Find a good vintage SVT 810 if you want a good old school vibe, or maybe even an Acoutic cab.
  3. AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    Word on the FEnder cab. There are a lot of cabinets that will do you right, but that's not one of them.
  4. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    I still have one from a pair of them I used to run. Got them new back in the day. Ran them with an SVT, SVT Pro with Carvin power, and also an R1000 series II for a while. I got mine to sound great. Maybe I got two ringers, but mine were cool. Plenty booty and thump, and my TBird and Rick's sounded thick and chunky.
    Take the grill off and check out the condition of the speakers.If the rubber near the outer edge is in bad shape gettem redone or take a pass The cab should run at 4ohms. I used to run way more power than what they were rated to handle and they did just fine. Never did fry any of the speakers. And I used to play pretty loud.
    Best bet is to take your amp & bass and check it out. It may work for you, then again it might not. But mine worked great for me. I still got one.
  5. Avoid that box like the plague that it is.

edit: OK. So maybe its not "The Plague"....its a carrier.
  6. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I bought the head that matches that cab last week, and played through the cab (the one I played through only had 3 speakers). At the price they ask for it, you could find better.
  7. Try an Avatar B212 Neo cabinet. http://www.avatarspeakers.com
    Sounds great, never becomes 'muddy' and they're even friendly for your back. :hyper: