Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bassman 60(wedge) for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by dave251, Nov 29, 2004.

1. dave251

dave251 Wendler Instruments

Feb 5, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    This amp has been modified. I pulled the piezo and added two 4" mid/high cones. A much sweeter high end. 1st quality crossover cap. Amp in great shape. Was used only for trade show demos and a couple of low volume gigs. Too bulky/heavy for me anymore. $200

2. Just a bump for ya and wanted to let you know I LOVED the sound of your fretless on your web site! Thought for sure that was an upright -- now I need some money! :)

3. dave251

dave251 Wendler Instruments

Feb 5, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    :cool:

This Fender amp works great but wasn't able to cop the tone I was looking for. And my bassist(playing one of my basses, of course :D ) was using a big GK 15" combo....but it had too much in the upper/bass lower mids and not enough fundamental. I've since purchased a tiny Hartke "Kickback 10"...it gets a LOT closer( with the high end anyway) . Last weekend we added a sub to the whole PA system, and put the Hartke on top of that. Great low freq "feel", and the Hartke was able to keep up with our mostly "acoustic" sound. One of these days I'll be able to afford a REAL bass amp....