1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fender bassman pro 1200 vs. sansamp rpm w/qsc 1602

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by QzRmong, Feb 17, 2013.

1. QzRmong

QzRmong

Jan 12, 2010
    i currently own the 1200 and i like the sound but i was thinking i could get more bang from the sansamp rpm with the QSC 1602 (which i also, currently own)
    does anyone have any experience with this combination?

2. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I have a fender TB1200.. not sure if it is the same thing as your amp.. The amp kicks royal arse as is.. and about as Tube Amp sounding as you are going to get without having a real tube amp... Just sayin.... the 1200 is a monster amp..
    I just got a mesa M9. the anti 1200 so im thinking of selling my fender on here soon..

3. QzRmong

QzRmong

Jan 12, 2010
    i might just buy the sansamp rpm and hook it up and see what happens. worst that could happen is i sell one of them.

4. jastacey

jastacey

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I at one time had the Bassman 1200 Pro and used it with the VT pedal, pretty interesting sounds out of that set-up ,,,, the real question is do you have the speakers to handle the the output for extended play times?

5. QzRmong

QzRmong

Jan 12, 2010
    im using an Ampeg 8x10

6. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    just try the 1200's preamp out into the power amp and see if it makes a big difference. (you'd be bridging the QSC to get comparable power to the fender.)

the RPM vs. the fender's preamp is just a taste thing, whichever one you liked the sound of better would win.