Fender Bassman TV series...No club???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arrow, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Arrow

Arrow

Sep 10, 2013
    The Netherlands
    I'm the proud owner of a Bassman TV Duo Ten. It's to me the best sounding amp I have ever tried. I have had SVT, 1965 Portaflex, Bassman 100, Epifani and a lot more.
    I like the portability and love the look on stage!
    DI works like a charm and I never lack any power.

I was wondering if there was a seperate Bassman TV club here om TB. Love to read more from users about this little gem!

Surprised btw Fender made these for such a short period!

20181110_163949.jpg

2. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    My TV 15 has been a steady work horse for me for years. I use it in a 50s, 60s Rock n roll / country cover band and the three-piece blues band I am in. I have tried to move away from it a few times because of how damn heavy it is, but it just fits the genres and it looks good on stage. Both band leaders asked me to use it because they just love how fat, thick and juicy it sounds, so I just keep using it. Someday I would love to score a 50s P bass like you got, that would be cool as hell.
    20180512_120211.jpg

Pocket4, Russell L, Bassdirty and 8 others like this.
  3. Arrow

Arrow

Sep 10, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Wow, what a great picture!! Nice Jazz too!
    Thanks for the reply, love to hear TV stories!

Yes, my 53P sounds amazing through my Bassman. Perfect match!

Yes it's a bit heavy but with this sound it is worth it! Besides, I had an SVT with 810 and also a Fender Studiobass 200. So to me the TV is very comfi in comparison. ;-)

Datsgor likes this.
  4. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I owned a TV15 a few years ago. I still kick myself for selling it, but I was just starting out and didn't really know how to use EQ and didn't own any pedals....not that it really needs any pedals...but I bet a nice compressor would have really helped with me better appreciate this amp.

Datsgor and Arrow like this.
  5. I thought that was a guitar amp!

MattZilla and Arrow like this.
  6. Arrow

Arrow

Sep 10, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for the post! I can relate to that; I owned one earlier and after having owned a couple of other amps, I missed the "Tweed" so much. Very happy to have found one for sale in Belgium. I live in Holland. :)

7. Arrow

Arrow

Sep 10, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Really? Maybe it is great for g$*&ar too, but it is designed to be a bass amp.

8. So was the original tweed Bassman. But it’s used as a guitar amp. The JTM 45 Marshall was designed on that circuit.

9. Arrow

Arrow

Sep 10, 2013
    The Netherlands
    True! It's a replica of the first Bassman bassamps. Look-wise because amp and speaker are modern off course.

10. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    They were/are outstanding amplifiers. I think they dropped the ball on not making them with an extension speaker option, and making them relatively heavy.

I think if they were to address those two things, they would have ruled the amp world.

Bassdirty and Arrow like this.
  11. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Ahort and Arrow like this.
  12. hennessybass

hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Bayou City
    There was a time when I was seriously considering getting one of these (the 15"), and I think if it had an Ext speaker out and matching 15" cab, I would have pulled the trigger, then pulled the trigger on the 15" ext cab.

13. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I had one a few years ago I almost kept it because it looked so nice.

Arrow likes this.
  14. Ahort

Ahort

Apr 13, 2018
    Ventura, CA
    I absolutely love my TV15 too. It is the perfect match for my pbass and the DI is amazing.

If you are feeling adventures, try replacing the pre-amp tube. A 12AY7 is doing the trick for me, slightly more balanced and responsive to dynamics with a bit less gain. I'd love to see a bassman TV club here.

15. gelinas666

gelinas666 Guest

Sep 8, 2009
    I have a TV15 .. Great combo amp.. Nice Bassman tone too.. :thumbsup:

16. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    I’d love to have one, just can’t justify it right now......or can I?

Arrow likes this.
  17. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    I bought the TV15 in 2010 when they first came out. Absolutely love it. Thought about selling it a few years ago after getting my hands on an Ampeg Heritage B-15N but the TV just does it for me.

Arrow and Datsgor like this.
  18. Ahort

Ahort

Apr 13, 2018
    Ventura, CA
    Same here, thought about selling mine when I bought a V4B, but guess what?! The TV is going nowhere. In fact, my V4B is on reverb now.

Arrow, hennessybass and BIGEJ2 like this.
  19. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... oh yeah , count me in !!!
    :D
    i love my Bassman TV15 ...
    :cool:
    IMG_00811_zpsay2mxkxm.jpg
    009_zpsgei69j4c.jpg

bcerenza, Ahort, Arrow and 3 others like this.
  20. hennessybass

hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Bayou City
    You guys are giving me the GAS.

DaveDeVille and Arrow like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021