Fender Bassman: What maket "niche"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PhilMan99, Jul 30, 2003.

1. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I'm a happy Fender Bassman owner (25 & 200), but I don't see many people talk about the Bassmans (unlike SWR, for example). Does anybody out there use Bassman amps?

I understand historically Fender was not a "bass-amp company", but I was wondering where things stand today.

Yes, I know Fender is bad for buying-out SWR...
  2. DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    I own a Bassman 25 great for small jazz gigs and practice amp.:D
  3. drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    The Fender Bassman series rocks! I've got the bassman 300 all tube beast and it's the only amp I will ever need (wish it was a little lighter though). I haven't tried the solid state combos.

I started playing bass on an old blackface bassman 50 (tubes). Loved the tone. Fender makes great bass amps! Has anybody checked out the new bass stuff from fender from namm 2003? Looks like a new bass amp series...
  4. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    My first amp was a fender bassman 25 a great little combo nice low end, flexible eq and loud for the wattage. Now it's time to move up (been usin my brothers kb200) to a rmx850 and gs410 when i can get the cash.
  5. BassMan250

Jan 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I play jazz and fusion through a Bassman 250 combo and 1x15 cab (not mine sadly, but I'm hopefully getting one) and it's the perfect setup for me ... big, warm and bassy but clear, with plenty of tone shaping options and good wattage. I play in a rock group also and although I would prefer an Ampeg for that, the Bassman is still more than adequate. Great series, can't wait to get one for myself.
  6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The new Bassman stuff is pretty cool. A rehersal studio I go to on occaision has the 250 watt head and matching 2x10. Nice setup. I'm not sumping my stuff to buy one but I don't carry an amp to that room anymore either.

Far as niche goes. Musicians Friend, Guitar Center and some mom & pop stores out in the wilderness. That's about it. They aren't going to start showing up in the bo-teak outlest as those guys won't want to compete with GC... they have to provide some service and GC, well doesn't ....

So, far as niche goes. Fender will sell tonnage through whore-house warehouse and relatively few experienced players will use them as there are other options that don't require shopping at the aforementioned warehouse...
  7. I, also, use the Bassman 300PRO- All tube all beast, & IMHO worth every penny I paid & every pound it weighs. Sounds great! VERY powerful.