Fender BG29 opinions sought

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by THC, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Hi. I was wondering what's your opinions ? I haven't seen this model mentioned much. Are they overpriced for what they offer?
  2. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi THC! I had a BG29 for a while it was a cool Acoustic bass for the money! I found mine used for around 350.00.
    I used it just to bang around the house with, I never used it in a gig situation.
    It sounds ok amplified kinda cheaply made but a good buy for the buck.
  3. For the price, this is the best bass that I found. Many people will say that the El Capitan is better, but it doesn't have a loud enough acoustic sound.
  4. big0bassdude

Mar 31, 2010
    Athens Tn
    I have played several AEBs and the BG29 stands tall with all. Its no Tacoma or anything but way better than an Epi EC and anything Dean makes. Price point is moot cause I got mine used for 3 bills but would have paid list for this beauty. Heres a pic sorry bout the quality, eventually gonna have to get another camera.
  5. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I just bought a BG29 and can't wait to get it. I normally wouldn't use a short scale but, on acoustics, with the bridge shifted forward like they normally are, the neck gets to be pretty long with a 34" scale. This bass is a 30" scale and it puts the lower frets more where an electric would have them. I plan to install a planet waves o-port to make it more usuable unlplugged but, don't have any false ideas on how loud it will be.