Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 'Black Beauty' P Body with extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dr. PhunkyPants, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Fender USA Precision Bass body. As-new condition. Quality black finish over lightweight solid alder body. Neck pocket dated March 2001--but could be brand new. Includes original Fender MIA string-thru bridge, knobs, pickguard and guard screws. Professionally shielded with conductive copper foil ($80 job). New CTS brass-shaft pots, Mallory .1uf capacitor, and brand new Seymour Duncan pickup installed. As-new condition with only some hair-fine swirl marks in the finish and on the pickguard.

There is not an extra inch of wiring in this bass and it is incredibly quiet with the shielding. Just add a neck and go! Questions welcome. Thanks for looking!

PRICE DROP $410 shipped to lower 48!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kayeb...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

2. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Where'd the neck go? :)

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Hey Brian, a TB'er posted in the Gear Wanted forum a day or two ago about wanting a P-Bass body. Take a look in there and see if you think you've got what he wants. Good luck!

4. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    i might be interested in the loaded pickguard alone if someone else wants to buy just the body (and if youd be willing to split them up of course) is that the quarter pound duncan pup?

5. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    That thing is begging for a Moses neck. Stealth P.

6. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Yep. That would be sweet.

Not sure were the neck went. I bought this body (for close to what I'm asking) for a project a while back. The shielding is some of my best work and the wiring is dead clean. Light weight, top of the line Fender parts--you can't go wrong!

Note: The pickup is indeed the Quarter Pounder--the highest scoring pup in Dr. Dimento's ongoing P Pickup thread.

7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Lots of emails, but at this point no firm commitments...still available.

8. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Man, I don't have that much money now but dang, is that ever nice. :hyper: Wow, that has a truely stuning body.

9. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    hmmmmmm....i've got a blocked and bound neck that would be killer on that.

10. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Price drop-need to move this bad boy out!

11. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  12. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA