Fender Blender

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by screamingdaisy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Anyone use one of these with bass?

I've checked it out with a guitar awhile ago....it sounded great with passive single coils, but it was crap with humbuckers.

Just wondering if anyone had tried this, what you thought, and what kinda pickups you were using?
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Strange, I wasn't aware that Fender reintroduced these.

How much are they going for?
  3. $150.00 (US)
  4. I only found out when I saw what looked like a mint condition unit being sold for $200CAD. Needless to say I almost **** myself before I was told it was a new re-issue.
  5. Bought one on Saturday.....

....anyone who's a fan of bass fuzz should check one out.

It's a little more jagged sounding than a Muff, it also acts a little more civil when used to front end an already overdriven preamp (doesn't turn to mush like a Muff).

With the tone boost off, it gives a bassy, muffled effect. With the tone boost on it gets quite loud, and really stands out.

On the 1st-3rd strings around and above the 12th fret it starts to add an upper octave.....which is pretty interesting if you're into playing up there as you can riff up high and have an octave fuzz, then return to your bassline and have no octave. The octave seems particularily effective if you can bend and hold a note as it takes a moment to fully blossom. You can still legato and hear it....but you don't get the full effect unless you can hold it.

It also has a blend knob, so you can blend in the fuzz and dry signals....though truthfully, I've been running it on full fuzz as it's way more fun.

I don't know how else to describe it, but if you're into bass fuzz, I'd check this pedal out.

6. can you post any clips?
  7. trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Oh no, not another gain pedal to lust over :(
  8. I'll have to borrow a friends recording thing (one of those Boss digital 8?-track things).

Let me see what I can do.
  9. Thanks, i was thinking in buying a mig muff until i saw your post, it has a belnd knob!!, so i supose it dosent looses low end, am i right?
  10. It looses a bit, even with the blend knob, but I'm still experimenting, so maybe I'll find a way to tweek it so it doesn't.....then again, maybe I won't. Either way, I'd try it before you buy it as it may not be for everyone.

I also know that it doesn't react well with guitar humbuckers. I'm using a P/J setup, and it works well with both, but I don't know how it'll react to bass humbuckers or active electronics. Again, I suggest you try before you buy.
  11. wow i was always hoping this would be reissued, i'm a pumpkins freak and i know corgan used this quite a deal although not on bass obviously. this will defaintly be something i'll be checking out soon