1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Bodies and Necks...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by doktorfeelgood, Oct 8, 2013.

1. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

2. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Daytona beach, Fl
    [​IMG]Something like this is not bad at all. I would seriously consider one for a project. Fender finishes are nicely done.

3. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    This really belongs in Basses or the Hardware/setup forum not here.

4. No offense, but this is kinda old news already. I read about it here around a month or two ago.

5. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    All with ugly route for neck pup. No thanks!

6. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. they are finally realizing that their own parts are a substantial part of the aftermarket world ... Stratosphere (Ebay) now has some competition ... maybe it will make them be a little more accurate in their descriptions and realistic in their prices .. JMHO

7. For those of us that like pickguards, that is a non-issue.

8. as far as that seller, I find his description fairly accurate, I've bought a few things from him and they were spot on. Now I agree with the price, some of the stuff is way too high but if you wait long enough the high priced stuff gets discounted to a reasonable deal. I also like the fact that he lists the weight of bodies. Anywho, I am not affiliated with stratosphere

9. A finished FENDER body for under what an unfinished Warmoth costs!? Hell ya!!!
    I know how I'm sourcing my next project bass. :D

10. doktorfeelgood

That's what I was talkin' about when I said it changes the game.
    I'm already seriously considering a genuine Fender, finished, drilled out and nut installed p-bass neck for $199. Can NOT go wrong. You get free shipping, 1 year warranty, and a 30 day return policy. There is no better deal on the web for that kind of new Fender product.

11. doktorfeelgood

No worries, no offense taken...I figured that it had already hit TB and that's why I said something about it. I just figured if it hadn't made it here yet it was something that shouldn't be overlooked.

12. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... I have been less than impressed with the errors in their listings, especially for the prices they are charging .. two listings at the present time are an early edition Hwy 1 body (BTW, they call both generations a Hwy 1 usually), they have that listed with a nitrocellulose finish ... and the neck off of that bass is listed with the graphite support rods .. this is an '03 bass, and neither of those features were EVER used on the Hwy 1 Series, and were not introduced until '06 on the Hwy ONES ... I have sent them friendly FYI's in the past on many occassions, and I have yet to see a correction in the listing or received a reply telling me I dont know what I am talking about ...