Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bodies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Feb 23, 2001.

1. After taking the pickguard off my Squier P bass to get the output jack thing out of the body (there was a tidbit of an incedentwith a foot and a cord) I noticed that there was one long channel with all the controls/pickups/etc in it. Are Fenders built this way or just Squiers?

Are the knobs on Fenders attached to the pickguard? On my Squier, the knobs/pots/wires go where the pickguard go.

2. You'll find a pic here showing some Fender bodies.
    I assume they are all similar in that the pup 'holes' are not 'connected' to the pot 'hole'.

http://www.fender.com/spa/bodies.html

I'm not sure I understand your second question. My basses (Jazz & P) have the pots through the pick-g and held down with nuts.

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    MIM Fenders are.

4. Thats weird, my MIM jazz's pots are connected to the control plate, NOT the pickguard

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    My MIM Jazz doesn't even have a control plate. :)

6. Oh, picky, picky :) I call the entire thing a pickguard (though you're absolutely right - then again, after reading oystermans post - maybe you're not).