1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender body, USACG neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Mental Octopus, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    Prices include shipping!

Fender Precision body - made in japan, alder, weighs less than 5.5 lbs with the bridge mounted. The white finished has aged a bit, there's some light wear but it's very clean. $SOLD

USACG / Atkinson jazz neck - very slim profile, 1.5" at the nut, maple with rosewood board (really beautiful wood, pictures don't do it justice), nitro satin finish, vintage sized frets, no face dots but there are side markers. Only cosmetic flaw is that it was drilled a bit roughly for fender tuners - standard schaller or hipshot tuners should cover those holes. These necks have graphite rods for stability and are top of the line, here's your chance to own one for only $SOLD.

2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Interested in the neck.

3. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Any interest in trades? Towards both?

4. BassDepot

BassDepot

Apr 17, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Bass Guitars
    Pics of the neck?

5. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    PM sent yesterday.

6. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    Pm-ed

7. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    yup yup

8. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    Pictures are up... Looks like the neck is sold pending payment. Body still available. Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm not interested in any trades.

9. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Hey what gives?

10. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    what's the problem?

11. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    If I had to guess, I'd say that Doug Parent regards himself as having had first dibs on the neck since he was the first to respond expressing his interest. Except maybe somebody PM'ed you about the neck, without noting in the thread that a PM was sent, before he made his post? Or maybe you didn't regard his interest as legitimate, since it came in the body of the thread and not in a PM?

Ah, the delicate ballet of the TalkBass Classifieds forums...a moderator's dream.

12. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    Oh.... Well to me, saying "I'm interested" is not the same as an "I'll take it" or "What's your paypal I want to buy this now". I've had lots of people saying that they're "interested" in whatever I'm selling on here, only to disappear when I look for them to follow through. Oh well..

13. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    I absolutely agree and understand. Only Doug can say if my hypothesis was correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.