Fender Bridge and pick-up covers...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Nov 8, 2001.

  1. frankencow150

    frankencow150 Guest

    Oct 17, 2001
    i've searched this a few times and nothing came up that helped.

    anybody know where i can buy fender p-bass bridge and pickup covers?i wanna get the fender ones,cuz they have the big F on them,hehehe.How much are they,and where can i get them.if you say www.fender.com,tell me what part of the site,cuz ive already tried and couldnt find it.

    thanks cuz i know im gonna get alot of replies!!!!
  2. MJB


    Mar 17, 2000
  3. LiquidMidnight


    Dec 25, 2000
    I could be wrong, but I always thought that the bridge covers (or "Ashtrays" if you want to call them that :D ) with the big "F"s on them, were only for Jazz basses. Of course, I could be wrong on that, so don't quote me. I did a search on bridge and pickup covers a few months ago, and I came up with some results. Try looking on e-bay too.
  4. embellisher

    embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

    Yes, the bridge ashtray with the big F on it is made for the Jazz.
  5. SuperDuck


    Sep 26, 2000
    Call me crazy, but considering that they both have the same bridges, does it really make a difference?
  6. The jazz bridge cover will cover the bridge and the bridge pick-up on a jazz bass. I personally like the looks of P's and J's with both covers on but I find that they get in the way. I like to use the PU's as anchor points for my thumb. I do have a correct bridge cover (no big F) on my P.

    Frankencow150: You local Fender dealer probably has what you need in stock. Try there first.