1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Bridge and pick-up covers...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Nov 8, 2001.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i've searched this a few times and nothing came up that helped.

anybody know where i can buy fender p-bass bridge and pickup covers?i wanna get the fender ones,cuz they have the big F on them,hehehe.How much are they,and where can i get them.if you say www.fender.com,tell me what part of the site,cuz ive already tried and couldnt find it.

thanks cuz i know im gonna get alot of replies!!!!

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
  3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I could be wrong, but I always thought that the bridge covers (or "Ashtrays" if you want to call them that :D ) with the big "F"s on them, were only for Jazz basses. Of course, I could be wrong on that, so don't quote me. I did a search on bridge and pickup covers a few months ago, and I came up with some results. Try looking on e-bay too.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Yes, the bridge ashtray with the big F on it is made for the Jazz.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Call me crazy, but considering that they both have the same bridges, does it really make a difference?

6. The jazz bridge cover will cover the bridge and the bridge pick-up on a jazz bass. I personally like the looks of P's and J's with both covers on but I find that they get in the way. I like to use the PU's as anchor points for my thumb. I do have a correct bridge cover (no big F) on my P.

Frankencow150: You local Fender dealer probably has what you need in stock. Try there first.