1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bridge and Pickup Cover ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by monoBEAR, Feb 29, 2008.

1. monoBEAR

monoBEAR

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana 812
    i am trying to find the best place to buy a pickup and bridge cover for my 62 P-bass. there is a place online called http://www.thebassplace.com but it seems kinda shady. they have the set for $22 plus shipping. i didn't know if anyone had ever dealt with them. i'd like to get the covers. i think they make the bass look really nice.

thanks.

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    right now the place to get them is somewhere that has them in stock.. Alot of dealers are back ordered right now till Fender makes the transition into the new warehouse.

The story is when they bought Kaman music they decided to make them the supplier of parts so alot of Fender parts are back ordered at the moment.

3. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    eBay usually has them. I think I paid about $10-12 for my set.

4. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    I got mine from www.basspartsresource.com last year. They seem to be out of stock of the pickup cover, but in stock on the bridge cover. They also sell the right screws for the covers, which are smaller than pickguard screws.

5. What seems to be shady about them??? I just bought a brand new Fender Classic 50's Precision for $495 still in the box. That is by far the best price anywhere and they were super easy to deal with. The shipping was reasonable and the bass is great.

Craig

6. Lindsey

Lindsey

Nov 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've been to the Bass Place in Scottsdale,AZ. There's nothing shady about it. It's a beautiful, well stocked "bass only" music store. Well worth a stop in if you are ever in the area.

7. monoBEAR

monoBEAR

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana 812
    thanks alot, guys. i guess it just seemed a little risky cos of their checkout page. it just didn't look legit to me. but hell, i trust y'all. i'm gonna do it! :hyper:

love,
    jeremy

8. There's nothing wrong with them. At checkout, just make sure that the URL in your browser starts with <https>, indicating that you're on a secured site. That's true for ANY website where you're sending sensitive information. Just this evening, I received two sets of strings I bought from The Bass Place.

9. I've bought 'em from MF.

10. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    They ain't the purtiest looking people but they can be trusted:D