Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bronco 40 or Eden EC10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassplayer315, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Bassplayer315

Bassplayer315 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2014
    New Jersey
    Hi, I am new here but not to playing bass. I am in need of a small amp to use at home and small gigs. I am looking at the Fender Bronco 40 and the Eden EC10. I am looking for a warm sound with punch. Any thoughts on the 2 amps I am looking at, plus if you have another sugestions would be cool. Thanks

2. Fender Bronco 40 is your very best choice for a small personal practice amp with tons of great sounding sonic effects and also for digital recording.

For live performance you'll need a Fender Rumble 200 at least if not a Rumble 500.

A 40 watt bass amp is only going to go live with an acoustic guitar or a kazoo. :ninja:

3. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    is that kazoo going through a PA :D

I have the Bronco...it gets pretty darn loud.....depending on the gig/band etc it might be okay.but yeah add a drummer without restraint and a guitar or 2 it won't hold up...but good coffee house rig.........

4. Bassplayer315

Bassplayer315 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2014
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the replys. I was going to use it for smaller gigs where I can go direct through our Bose PA. The bronco has a xlr out and the Eden does not so I think I will go with the Bronco. I have a Rumble 150 when I play with the drummer, I also use the xlr out on the 150 for outdoor shows and hook into the PA ( we have 18" subs ).