1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender bt-600 + fender bassman 115 neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Frxns, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Frxns

Frxns

Mar 27, 2013
    Hello all!

I'm new to this forum, first post by the way, well anyway
    I've been a drummer for seven years now and decided to start playing bass in a stoner/doom band. I bought the lefthanded ibanez sr400l and i play on a friends bass for three months now.
    I've been looking to buy one for my own and i walked into a fender bt-600 head and a fender bassman 115 neo cab...
    Anyone has experience with this amp or cab or has any sugestions to buy something else.. Thinking 'bout the genre we'll be playing?!

Thanks
    [​IMG]

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-tb-600-bass-amp-head

http://www.houseofsound.ch/catalog/product/gallery/id/14710/image/121593/

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Great amp, but with only a single 15, you won't get alot of volume. Add another identical 15, and you'll have a real bass rig.

3. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    A single 15 at the rating of the Neo can be loud enough for certain situations (I've been playing a single 15 for years with the Bassman TV15, and now an Orange head with a 15 cab - See sig for style), but it's really going to depend on what your guitarist's are working with. If they are playing half stacks - you're probably going to need to look for more speaker, just as RickenBoogie said.

Additionally, I don't have any experience with the TB600, but when you think of the Stoner/Doom category - hybrid tube heads and lightweight modern cabs don't necessarily come to mind. That being said, I'm sure the combo would be killer and you should try it out if it's going to be a good deal. Only your ears will decide if it's what you want.

If not, the all tube classics come to mind - SVT, Orange, etc. paired with a decent number of speakers (2x15, 6x10, 8x10). Also, if you do go the route of the TB600 and the neo cab, later on down the line if you were looking for an all tube head you could upgrade to the Super Bassman (150 or 300) and the neo cab would pair really well.

4. Frxns

Frxns

Mar 27, 2013
    Gee thanks guys.
    I called the store and made an agreement if it's not what i expected that i can return it within 30 days.
    I ordered it and i'll test it at home and on rehearsel with the band. If not i'll,exchange it for another.
    By the way i looked at your stack, it's pretty impressive.. Looks like you know what you are talking about:)