1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Bullet Bass hardshell case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by WillEVee, Mar 10, 2013.

1. WillEVee

WillEVee

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    Anybody have an idea what one of these would be worth?
    Thanks

2. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    I bought my fender Bullet bass back in '84 and it was $230 total w/case. With tax it came out to $246. I wouldn't pay more than $40 for the case.

3. WillEVee

WillEVee

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    Thanks for the insight!

4. affprod

affprod

Nov 2, 2012
    Florida
    Depends on the condition of the case and whether is was for the Bullet 30,34 or 40. Bullet basses in excellent condition are currently valued from $575 to $725. Having an original case in excellent condition pushes the bass closer to the that upper number. To the right buyer, assuming excellent condition, you might be able to get close to or even just over $100.

5. WillEVee

WillEVee

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    Again - very helpful. Thank you.

6. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    I didnt know there was a bullet 40. I have a bullet 34, and it has the original case, it is a little beat up with a broken hinge.

I bought mine in Oct of 1982...maybe Nov, but I paid $225 for case and bass. Olympic white with maple neck. still have it, my first bass!

It has a serial number of 00002246 prolly an early production run....I would never sell it. Plays great , still, with only a few dents/dings.

yah, the case would be about $100, more than $75, and less than $150.

Unless there is some special club of Bullet Bass Owners, that would drool over the original case.

They are a very special bass, it was the poor mans Pbass. I could not afford the Pbass, so I got a Bullet. Made in the USA ....for about half the price.

Rokkitt

7. WillEVee

WillEVee

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    I still have it.
    Gonna list it this week I think...