1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Bullet

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matthewfoote, Nov 21, 2003.

1. I played a Fender Bullet last night, the 30 inch model. I was really impressed with it and was a lot of fun to play.

Anyone else played one recently/what do you guys think of them.

Regards

Matthew

2. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    I've had my USA built Bullet for almost 20 years and it's a cool bass. Not my main bass anymore but I'll always keep it.

3. My friend Josh just bought one yesterday in Leeds, £399 second hand. We went in to try out a Roland Cube amp, picked up the Bullet to play it through and ended up leaving with the bass!

It's fantasic fun to play and sounds mint for a bit a funky fun.

Only negative aspect was the red body/white scratchplate - not my cuppa tea as far as colour schemes go i'm afraid.

4. Yeah, I quite like it too.

I don't mind the Red 'n' White. I don't really mind what colour a bass is especially if it sounds as ballsy as this one! :D

I see above that one of you has tried a 30 inch Bullet... Well this one is 34 inch scale length. I thought Fender just made the one scale of Bullet? Obviously not!

Josh.

Here it is if anyone wants a glance...
    Click Here...

5. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    Mine is a natural dark brown finish with a white pickguard. I put flatwounds on it and it has a pretty good thump.

6. I still have my first bass from 1984 and it was a Red B-34 Bullet.

Sheesh, I am coming up on my 20th anniversary of playing bass. Hope my Modulus arrives soon....