Fender Bullet

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matthewfoote, Nov 21, 2003.

1. I played a Fender Bullet last night, the 30 inch model. I was really impressed with it and was a lot of fun to play.

Anyone else played one recently/what do you guys think of them.

2. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    I've had my USA built Bullet for almost 20 years and it's a cool bass. Not my main bass anymore but I'll always keep it.
  3. My friend Josh just bought one yesterday in Leeds, £399 second hand. We went in to try out a Roland Cube amp, picked up the Bullet to play it through and ended up leaving with the bass!

It's fantasic fun to play and sounds mint for a bit a funky fun.

Only negative aspect was the red body/white scratchplate - not my cuppa tea as far as colour schemes go i'm afraid.
  4. Yeah, I quite like it too.

I don't mind the Red 'n' White. I don't really mind what colour a bass is especially if it sounds as ballsy as this one! :D

I see above that one of you has tried a 30 inch Bullet... Well this one is 34 inch scale length. I thought Fender just made the one scale of Bullet? Obviously not!

Here it is if anyone wants a glance...
    Click Here...
  5. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Mine is a natural dark brown finish with a white pickguard. I put flatwounds on it and it has a pretty good thump.
  6. I still have my first bass from 1984 and it was a Red B-34 Bullet.

Sheesh, I am coming up on my 20th anniversary of playing bass. Hope my Modulus arrives soon....