1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender BXR 300 R ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jani_bjorklund, Oct 26, 2002.

1. jani_bjorklund

jani_bjorklund

May 22, 2002
    Finland
    Does any body have any(good or bad) experience of this 300w Fender head, I bought a used one and a 115 cab.(One 15" speaker). Do I have to get a complemental 10" cab or is the 15" punchy enough. I haven't got the rig yet so I'm a little doubtful still. The music I play is straight Rock'n roll (Cocker, Dire Strait, Procol Harum and Gary Moore)

Jan

2. nonorio@

nonorio@

Mar 26, 2006
    I have a BXR 300C as a head taken out off a combo it sounds good on Crate 1810 Bass speaker cabinet but it's cut up all the time , so I brought it to a technician , he told it will cost me $130 to fix it , the head it self I had it for $20 , does it worth to fix it or I have to look at and buy another different head , I don't know ?

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.

Something super easy you could try yourself is to patch a guitar cord between your effects send and return jacks. If this instantly corrects the problem, you could simply leave a short cord in place, or repair the problem by cleaning the dirty switching contacts in your return jack with Deoxit.