Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender BXR 300 R ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jani_bjorklund, Oct 26, 2002.

1. jani_bjorklund

jani_bjorklund

May 22, 2002
    Finland
    Does any body have any(good or bad) experience of this 300w Fender head, I bought a used one and a 115 cab.(One 15" speaker). Do I have to get a complemental 10" cab or is the 15" punchy enough. I haven't got the rig yet so I'm a little doubtful still. The music I play is straight Rock'n roll (Cocker, Dire Strait, Procol Harum and Gary Moore)

Jan

2. nonorio@

nonorio@

Mar 26, 2006
    I have a BXR 300C as a head taken out off a combo it sounds good on Crate 1810 Bass speaker cabinet but it's cut up all the time , so I brought it to a technician , he told it will cost me $130 to fix it , the head it self I had it for $20 , does it worth to fix it or I have to look at and buy another different head , I don't know ?

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.

Something super easy you could try yourself is to patch a guitar cord between your effects send and return jacks. If this instantly corrects the problem, you could simply leave a short cord in place, or repair the problem by cleaning the dirty switching contacts in your return jack with Deoxit.