Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender BXR 300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scooby D, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Scooby D

Scooby D

Oct 3, 2000
    Hi! Scooby here! I was wondering if anyone else here has had experience with this 300 Watt, built like a Tank, toneless wonder? I've had mine for a few years and never really liked the tone. However, last year I bought a Sans Amp Bass Driver and now the thing sounds like a monster! The best thing about the Bxr 300 is that it's one tough frickin' amp. It's been dropped, slammed,run into, and generally been abused by the many gigs it's been used for.A couple weeks ago at a wedding dance a bridesmaid asked if she could stand on top of it and dance.I normally would have told the person to bite me, but in her case I really didn't mind at all. The Fender can take a licking and keep on ticking! Just remember to use a good preamp with it, cause otherwise it has the musical tonality of a moose fart! Talk to ya soon, Scooby!

2. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    Yeah - been there. It's a rugged unit and weighs over 100 lbs. I think its biggest shortcoming is the limited frequency response of the 15" speaker. I've run an extension cabinet with tweeters in parallel off of the amp and it really opened up the sound a lot. It had pretty good tone once a mid-high cabinet was added. It sure has serious power output at 4-ohms, too. It's really not a bad amp for the money.
    - Mike

3. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    either of u know about how much it woul be to ship one from washington to texas??!?!

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    (In the voice of Dr. Evil) "One billion dollars!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

5. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    Sorry, no idea. I've never shipped anything that big/heavy. However, I've paid around $100 to have 2 really big (75-lb) stereo speakers shipped a lesser distance - but it included insurance. So it might be $50-100. Just a guess, though.
    - Mike

6. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    cool... i was curious because im buying one from some guy in washington.. and didnt know how much it would be to ship the thing