Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender BXR-410H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ilarisaari, Jul 11, 2005.

1. ilarisaari

ilarisaari

Jul 11, 2005
    Hi,

does anyone here own or have experience of a bxr 410 bass enclosure? I'm thinking of bying such a closure used, but I won't be able to test the thing before bying it :( So, any help would be appreciated!

- Erkka

2. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I have one that I bought brand new in 1989. It's a pretty underrated cabinet. They sound really good, with a whole lotta ass end for a 4x10. My amp guy intown also has one & he won't part with it either. He uses it in his recording studio as well.
    I have banged this thing around for over 15 years & it's a road warrior. It developed a slight rattle about a year ago, but all it took was a couple of wood screws in the baffle/speaker enclosure & it's good as new.

A bit bulky by a lot of today's 4x10 cab standards, but a steal if you can get it cheap.

I'd hesitate about buying any piece of gear w/o playing it first, but if it's in good shape you're in luck.

3. ilarisaari

ilarisaari

Jul 11, 2005
    First of all thanks for the opinion!

I got two answers (another one in another forum) and they were both positive, so I bought the damm' thing. Sorry to say that it costed ~ $245, so it wasn't sooo cheap, but I think it's ok. Should be in mint.

- Erkka

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Perhaps I should have got the 410 - I bought the 1x15 version in the late 80's. I've still got it but I was never really all that pleased with it.

Oh well. You can't win em all.

Let us know how the 410 goes ilarisaari.

5. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    wonder how these bxr410h 's compare to an ampeg 410E?... have one of these and am thinking of getting rid of it