Fender BXR questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassPlayer101, Mar 25, 2002.

1. BassPlayer101

Jul 27, 2001
    I have a Fender BXR 100 and I wanted to know if I could install a head on it or do I have to buy a cab. I am new to heads and cabs so I need to know if it would be possible. Here is a link to a description of my amp. In the description it says it is 100w but if I look on the back of the amp it says input power 120v 60Hz 300w.

Fender BXR 100
  2. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    A BXR100 is a COMBO amp.

This means that the head and amp are COMBINED into a single unit.
  3. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    I better don't comment on your thread title...

The label you found on the back of the amp refers to power consumption, this is always higher than output power.

There are combos where it is possible to hook up a second cab ('extension cab') to get more volume, I don't think that this is possible with the BXR.

Theoretically it would be possible to use a seperate amp head INSTEAD of the built in amp section but this does not make too much sense.
  4. BassPlayer101

Jul 27, 2001
    Would this amp be enough to play small gigs with or should I get a bigger amp?
  5. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    BP101, I changed the title of your thread - I think that this will get you more responses.
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I used to have a BXR 100. I used it for quite a few years and on many a gig.

This little amp can handle small gigs easily. If you have medium or larger gigs then you can use the line out feature and run it right into the board (providing you have access to one) and let that throw you sound to the audience, while you use the BXR's speaker as your stage moniter. Its IMO the best feature this amp has to offer.

So from my own personal experiences this amp can handle small, medium, and even larger sized rooms