1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender California Series Pbass for Lakland Skyline 44-64 PJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kramerj, May 24, 2018.

1. kramerj

kramerj

May 22, 2003
    Iowa City, IA
    Price:
    $800.00
    Strings:
    I have a 1997 Fender California Series Precision Special in very good condition. I used this bass for many years as my main player. It has had a number of upgrades:
    • replaced jazz pickup with Dimarzio Ultra Jazz to eliminate hum
    • replaced gold aluminum pick guard with a Pickguardian tort guard
    • replaced wiring harness because it periodically used to short out; problem is now solved
    • had shiny back of neck refinished to satin
    The bass sounds wonderful with Chromes and also with a new set of Cobalt flats. The reason I am interested in trading is that my two Lakland basses (DJ4 and 44-64 with Darkstar) have the best necks for my hands. The Fender has a fast, jazz-width neck, and I was happy with it until I discovered Laklands--they fit me even better. So, I am interested in a Lakland 44-64 PJ in similar condition.

I would include the original gold guard, in very good condition, the original jazz pickup, the Chromes, Cobalts, and a Fender gig bag in decent shape. If someone is interested in trading, we can discuss details of pricing to even things out. If a trade doesn't happen, I will either keep it --- or list it for sale later. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

6tzguy, ScotRFM and stringtheory6 like this.
  2. kramerj

kramerj

May 22, 2003
    Iowa City, IA
    p.s. The full front photo makes the bass appear white. It is actually a cream color, more like the full back photo.

3. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    PM sent

4. Vinny C

Vinny C

May 26, 2017
    So Cal
    Is this still available

5. kramerj

kramerj

May 22, 2003
    Iowa City, IA
    Yes.

6. kramerj

kramerj

May 22, 2003
    Iowa City, IA
    Bump.

7. Hi, is it still available?

8. kramerj

kramerj

May 22, 2003
    Iowa City, IA
    Good question. Are you talking about a trade (Lakland PJ) or a sale? I have been using it at rehearsals recently and re-appreciating it.

9. Sale

10. pm

11. kramerj

kramerj

May 22, 2003
    Iowa City, IA
    SOLD