Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender car special edition.where is it made ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rooster, Apr 11, 2003.

1. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    I want to buy the candy apple red matching headstock,jazz that fender makes,but cannot find any information on where this model is made,how it sounds ,feels,etc....etc.anybody have any idea.:confused:

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think you're talking about the USA made '75 Re-Issue that had a rosewood fretboard w/block inlays & binding. If it is, it was a Musician's Friend Limited Edition Exclusive & I don't see any more on their site. You best bet is to look for a used one.

3. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    Nino sam ash has a couple of these left,i checked out the web site,then called and talked to one of the reps he had no idea where it was made,but at 1399.99 dollars for this i would like to know.:eek:

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Yeah Nino, That bass was not exclusive to musicians friend. Hey Rooster I have the bass you inquire about. It is a limited edition made for Europe thus no counrty of origin stamped on the bass. I spoke with Fender when I bought the bass out of concern to know just what I had and was told all about it. Here goes:
    special edition
    FSR- factory special run
    only 200 made, 40 went over seas and 160 stayed
    ash body w/RW neck
    vintage pups
    bullit truss rod
    three bolt nect w/tilt
    Hope that helps.

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Oop's forgot to say it is made in Corona Cali and is 100% MIA. built to 1975 specs execpt for the finger rest and the color (no car in 75) I think it went from 63 to 73 w/matching headstock. :bassist:

6. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    Hey pyrohr,Thanks for the information,i am going to order one tonight they are open 24/7,how does it sound and feel,what about weight?and the info was very helpful.

7. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Mine sounds great, fit and finish is excellent. I own 6 jazz basses and it is right at the top of the list. Bound neck is awesome. Bass comes with the ashtray's off and no holes are drilled in the body. this gives you the option to put them on if you want to. Bass comes with vintage case, strap,cord, ashtray's and rest for fingers. Mine is strung with nickelwound strings.If you have any questions about this bass call Fender, I found them very patient and helpful with my inquire about this bass. Oh the weight is average.

8. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    *cry* i wish i wasnt a poor teenager

9. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey Noobai, how are you? When I first saw the CAR w/matching headstock it was in 1975 or 76. I was watching a band practice and the bass player had one. This was the best bass I ever heard. I asked if I could play it when he was done and he said yes. (he thought there was no one around as good as him). I sat down with it and started to thump hair by larry Graham, everybody's mouth hit the floor and he snatched the bass from me! needless to say I took his job from him! I never forgot that bass. what I am saying is If you really want one you will get one like I did.