1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender case hinges can they be repaired?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Arnie, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Arnie

Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    I am in the market for a used fender (vintage) case, some out there have broken hinges. Can the hinges be repaired (or replaced to look original)?

2. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Any luggage shop will be able to repair your case..
    I have had handles, latches and hinges replace on cases and it was always a lot less than I thought it would be.
    I had a old Ric case with a broken handle and a bad latch. I asked if they had and used ones they could use so it looked right. He found some matching used ones. It came out perfect and was real cheap because he used take off parts.

3. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    It's a easy fix. Vintage style latches are available on ebay. The rivets are slot rivets. Just peel the case liner back, pinch the rivet ends together, remove old rivet. Install new rivet and spread out ends with a screwdriver then lightly pound tight with a hammer.

4. Arnie

Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Opps I meant latch.. I assume same applies?

5. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    You can get parts directly from G&G.

Store