1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Case Questions: Multi-Fit vs. Pro Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WretchedExcess, Nov 4, 2013.

1. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

Jul 29, 2013
    What's the difference between the Multi-Fit cases and the Pro Series cases by Fender?

I'm trying to figure out how they're different, but there are a number of questions that I haven't been able to figure out:

1. What is "Multi-Fit" about the Multi-Fit cases? Fender specifies that a different model of case is needed for a P vs. a J, so how are they "multi-fit"?

2. How are the Multi-Fit cases different from the Pro Series Cases? The cases look pretty much the same from the pictures that I can find on the web, but the Pro Series cases seem to be P/J compatible while the Multi-Fit have different model numbers for P vs. J.

3. Which ones are more like the vintage Fender hardshell cases? My 1970s case fits either a P or a J just fine.

TIA

2. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    My P fits in the ATA style hard case that came with my 2012 American Standard Jazz. So does my MIM fretless jazz.

Wally