1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender CIJ '62RI Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smurfco, Nov 10, 2010.

1. smurfco

smurfco Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    SOLD

It is with a heavy heart that I'm listing this bass. I got it from Lichtaffen on here earlier this year and when I got it, it was in mint condition. I've gigged it a few times and it has one or two very small dings in it now, but it still looks like new, and it plays and sounds AMAZING.

You're not gonna find one that plays better than this one. I have the bass strung up with flatwounds and it plays like a dream. The neck is unbelievably smooth to play. It has the vintage frets which makes it very fast. The tuners are the Gotoh vintage style without the tapered posts. I also have a very nice semi-hard case that I will include.

These pictures are from when Lichtaffen sold it to me, but aside from some very small dings the bass is in identical shape. I can try to get some photos of the dings but it may not be possible.

Asking $600 plus shipping to the CONUS. No trades - have to sell due to a medical bill.

Thanks!

CIJPBass_mg_7291.
    CIJPBass_mg_7295.
    CIJPBass_mg_7325.
    CIJPBass_mg_7327.
    CIJPBass_mg_7356.
    CIJPBass_mg_7358.

2. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Bump for a great guy to deal with. Expect a perfect transaction.

This bass is everything he mentioned. A real sweet vintage sounding P bass. The Japanese Fender craftsmen make much better instruments than American Fender employees, in my opinion. Seriously.

I had Labella flats on her and she sang like Jamerson himself was playing her.

3. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Oh man.....I came SO CLOSE to buying this bass when it was up last time. Those pics have come back to haunt me.........

4. narwhale

narwhale

Nov 23, 2009
    Apex, NC
    Wow, I think I need this. Dibs while I see what I can sell to make this happen!

Edit: I think I may have to drop out of the running for now, unless someone buys something from me in the next day or two.

5. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    What's the width at the nut on this one?

6. What year is it?

7. smurfco

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    It's a 2004. The nut width is 1 11/16 inches and it weighs 7.5 lbs.

8. smurfco

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    Thursday Bump - don't forget to watch the Falcons on Thursday Night Football!

9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    bump for a super fine bass:
    those CIJ reissues are every bit as nice as the Fender CS stuff I've played.

10. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Dang Chef, I thought for sure you were going to go after this and it would not be on here still tempting me!!!!! Aaaarrrrgh!!!!

11. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I was real close; these are exceptionally well made basses.
    I decided I just couldn't part with the 57 reissue:(

bump for a killah!

12. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    I understand.... I've got my '99 MIA Natural / Rosewood board P that I've made so much my own (pups, bridge, tuners) and this would be so much duplication... although, its alder verses swamp ash and I could leave flats on it verse the MIA with rounds.... and...... Oh, and lest we forget the CIJ '51 re-issue that I have that is a testimony to the CIJ quality... great instrument. Someone in need of a good P is going to get an wonderful instrument... must keep reminding myself, I do NOT NEED another P... :^)

Convincing Bumpage...

13. smurfco

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    A few things in the works but no firm commitments yet. This is an amazing bass, don't miss out...

14. TigerClaw

TigerClaw

Sep 12, 2009
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Does this have the Nitro finish?

15. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Bump: I think its poly.... My '51 CIJ re-issue is... they are great instruments though!

16. lcargs

lcargs

Apr 3, 2006
    Canada
    PM sent.

17. smurfco

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    This is correct - poly finish.

lcargs, pm replied. :)

18. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Sooo tempting.
    I just sold my 83 Fullerton '57 reissue..... bad move :(
    I'm looking for a great P bass with a sound like this, but I don't wanna break the bank:

Looks like this bass will fit the bill!!

19. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    PM sent. Either it's sold already, or it is now!

20. smurfco

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    This bass is sold pending payment... I will reply to all PMs in the order received if payment falls through, but it looks like this one's gone!

Thank you all for the interest.