1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Classic 50's P-Bass...Pickup?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lonote, Mar 21, 2006.

1. I bought one of these basses and I'll be picking it up Friday. I have a question that I hope somebody can answer. Does anybody know what pickup is standard on the bass? I haven't been able to find anything except "split Precision Bass pickup" which covers quite a bit of territory. I'm not a pickup snob and plan to play it and see what it sounds like, but I love the "Original '62" that's in my P-Bass clone and was hoping that maybe, just maybe, that might be what comes in the bass. I realize that's probably not the case or they'd make a point of hyping it.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    According to the description on Fender's site, I believe it's standard Mexican P-bass pickup. Same exact description as the Standard Precision Bass.

3. Gracias, amigo.

4. Dude,

I've got a Classic P in Blonde, and I posted on the pickup section to find out what pickup is in it, because to me it sounds......seriously hot - as in lovely tone. I can't believe it's a standard mexi job.

If your baby is like mine you won't be dissapointed - full of growl, clunk, punch and looks. The neck is real thin from back to front as well - awesome!

Hope you get a keeper!