1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Classic 60 Jazz Bass pickups problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by summeralligator, Jan 17, 2018.

1. summeralligator

summeralligator

Jan 14, 2018
    Argentina
    Hi guys, i'm posting this cause i have a problem with my stock pickups... E and G strings have more volume that A and D, so i wonder which model of pickups are made for solve this problem i have.

Thank you all!

2. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    Have you tried lowering the pickup on the E/A side?

There are also raised pole pickups, and I think DiMarzio makes an adjustable pole pickup as well.

3. summeralligator

summeralligator

Jan 14, 2018
    Argentina
    Can I? if i low the pickup it will on a flat way, so i will lose volume on the A and D strings

4. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    E string will often be boomy and will benefit from being moved away from the strings. If you haven't tried it's worth a shot. another though would be raising the action a touch on the E and G strings, where it might help even the sound a little.

Beside those quick and cost free ideas, most aftermarket builders make raised pole pickups, and some are adjustable as well.

summeralligator likes this.