1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Classic 70 Jazz in L.A.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blow, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Blow

Blow

Jan 9, 2006
    Germany
    Hi everybody...

One of my relatives is going to L.A. next week and offered me to purchase some gear for me :) For me this is a very good opportunity because I'd love to have a 70s Fender Jazz Bass or a Geedy Lee Jazz....and those things are way cheaper in the U.S.

Unfortunatly, as You might consider, I can't go by myself...so there is no possibility to check the instrument...my question regarding to that is...can you as bassplayers from the area recommand me some stores with a good reputation...were the possibility to get a you know "not so good piece" may be minimized because of good and dedicated salesman?...

Thanks in advance...

2. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    The Amp Shop/Bass Exchange in Sherman Oaks would probably be best. I've only spoken to him on the phone but Justin seems really cool and knowledgeable... Some guys here have dealt with him with good results.

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, hate to say it - but LA is not the bass player panacea you might think it is. I spend a lot of time up there, and I've found better bass gear down in San Diego.

HOWEVER - if you want real vintage stuff, Voltage Music was always great...

http://www.voltageguitars.com/page/catalog.html

And the GC on sunset does have a really good high-end vintage room - but you pay $$$ for that stuff...

4. Blow

Blow

Jan 9, 2006
    Germany
    Thanks for your advices...what about Guitar Center? there is one in so called West L.A...sorry I got absolutly no knowledge about the Area :-(

is this in reach?

is this just to say a "music Supermarket"?....cause things seem to be cheap there...? a Fender Jazz from the Classic Series is just about 700 $

Thanks...