1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Honey Blonde

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by MetsMan75, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetsMan75

MetsMan75 Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2010
    This is a Fender Classic Series '50s Precision Bass body in beautiful honey blonde finish that you can see through faintly when up close. Body has never been used and is n great condition. Perfect for a '50s style project. Will let it go for $250.00 shipped CON-US. Will negotiate with international buyers.

Attached Files:

2. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Price Drop $225.00 shipped CONUS

3. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    this dog keeps telling me to buy stuff

4. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    hahaha maybe you should listen

5. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    PM'd

6. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Replied back. Thanks!

7. Ed P

Ed P

Aug 4, 2007
    Do you happen to know if that color was available in the '50s, say '57?

8. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    My favorite year for a p bass! Due to the unique V shaped necks. Anyway I'm no expert but have researched quite a bit about this and I don't believe 'honey blonde' was a custom color then. I think its a more recent Fender color. However an original blonde p bass could have aged to a similiar color. I think the blondes were more like the white blonde of the '57 and now '58 reissues and they yellowed over time from environmental factors. The nitro clear coat causes colors to yellow over time and depending on the conditions and elements the bass was subjected to weould determine how dark of a yellow hue the white color took on. For instance a smoker that gigged in smoky bars regulary would probally have a more yellowed bass. I've seen pics of some actual blonde '57s that were so yellowed they took on a similiar appearance to this 'honey blonde' color. In '57 the standard color was 2 tone sunburst but you can get custom colors for extra...most of dupont colors that were used on cars ewrere available. Fender did not come out with an official color chart until the early '60s I think. The color Fiesta Red was a Ford car color I believe in '56 but could be wrong about the year. I would love for someone that was around in '57 to weigh in here to know what the blonde guitars and basses looked like then. I read somewhere that Butterscotch blonde was not an actual color in '51. That back then they looked more like a pure white color and the aging process made some appear butterscotc. I have seem some original '51s with a much lighter color than the typical butterscotch. Anyway hope that helps.

9. Ed P

Ed P

Aug 4, 2007
    ^^^ Thanks so much for the detailed info! Gives me stuff to ponder...

10. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Anytime bro. I Love this stuff :)

11. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Thanks bud! I've seen that website before but haven't read it all. Lots of good info! I appreciate you sharing that.

12. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    bump... for a great seller!!

13. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Thanks my friend

14. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    This is a steal! I ended up getting a different body from the OP but this thing is killer!
    Free BUMP for a great TBer!

15. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Thanks buddy

16. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

This looks to be one of the slightly more transparent of the CL 50's Honey Blondes...someone should snatch this up

17. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Yeah it is pretty transparent. Its awesome. I don't mind keeping it if it don't sell.

18. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
  19. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Thanks for sharing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.