1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Colors: Metallic Cinnamon and Candy Cola

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunderthumbs73, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    I am curious about two Fender colors. First is Metallic Cinnamon. The second is Candy Cola.

I have a Metallic Cinnamon Stratocaster with a rosewood neck. I would like to have a Metallic Cinnamon-colored Fender bass of any kind, but I can't say I've ever seen one. Anyone??? Post pics, please, if you have 'em!!!

This dovetails into my second color inquiry. I'm wondering how close Candy Cola is to Metallic Cinnamon, as I've yet to see a Candy Cola Fender instrument in the stores... ...yet.

Candy Apple Red isn't bad, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Thank you.

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    how about a picture of your Metallic Cinnamon Strat?

:)

3. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    I can do that! But I think I have to get a photobucket account and send the pic that way. I've only seen two Metallic Cinnamon color Strats: one on a goole image search and it had a crushed pearl pickguard which I'm guessing was aftermarket. The second was a picture of John Lennon with one back in the 60s. Also a google image search.

Thanks for your response. I thought posting a guitar picture here might be, um, heresy!

:)

4. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    nah im curious to see the color myself :) hahaha

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Looks like candy cola to me, though the candy cola has a tad more red, while the metallic cinnamon looks a bit more subdued.

6. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    almost looks like this color
    [​IMG]

7. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    I may have to retake some pics in better lighting. It has a distinctive (to me) brown tint that as far as I can tell, the Candy Cola or Candy Apple Red does not have.

8. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Strats and Teles usually have several colour options not available on Precisions and Jazzes. :crying: Not fair...

9. I agree that there aren't enough color options for new Fender basses. Black doesn't cut it for me, the arctic gray is a little strange, white stands out too much for me, and the sunburst isn't my generation so I went w/ the Candy Cola. I'm not mesmerized by the color but it's certainly interesting.

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Whats wrong with sunburst? :p

I got my new P in Olympic White. Because its the best color.

11. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Personally, I love sunburst. But the new '08's I've seen in my local G.C. have not had a very impressive burst. Virtually no amber/yellow, and very little red. It just seems to fade from the black outside edges to a rather bland brown with little "burst". And yet some pics that other guys have posted of their '08's look like nicer bursts. I guess that's why I kind of lean toward the Olympic White ones on the '08's.

But if I do find a nice burst on an '08 P, I might be tempted to snag it. :D

12. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    The only thing stopping me from liking new Fenders are the boring colours. :meh: They don't suck, they're just not good enough for me to like them.