Fender colors...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Are there any sites or resources for Fender colors? The Fender site has a chart, but they keep discontinuing colors and I find basses like this one (see attachment) and have no idea what the color is... Anybody know what this one is, or know places to get info?
  2. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Is that the trans orange finish?
    I like it. I've seen a Jazz at GC, it was a realy nice bright orange. Next to it was another one but it wasn't quite as bright, It was still cool but I liked the brigther one better. I don't know if it was another color option or not.

But this is a recent color option. But who knows how long this color will be available.

Also, I know there is a Fender forum somewhere, I'm sure you can get some info there, maybe do a search. I've heard that the Fender folks get on there.

I'm sure there is someone here that can provide a link to it.
  3. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    That is sunset orange transparent. I think it might actually be discontinued soon, but I am rather unsure about that.
  4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    THats nice and all, but i like this one, AND ITS FOR SALE :p yes im trying real hard to sell this, i need the money , only $300 people, in excellent condition, comes with hardcase.
  6. Im sure that is Sunset Orange Transparent. Although a poorly depicted. I have a SOT Pbass and it doesnt look like that.
    Orange Trans is an awsome colour if you do decide to go for it...I dont see it very often. Its not discontinued yet...its in Fenders new price guide that was released a couple months ago. But who knows how long it will stay...Fender has always been pretty stupid about their colour options.

Im not at home right now...but i can post a pic of my SOT Pbass when i get there.
  7. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
  8. This is still a poor photo...but is still a better representaion of Sunset Orange Transparent.
  9. Boltbaby

Aug 14, 2005
    Medford OR

I hope so, will make mine worth more! :hyper:

I still can't believe I was able to get it new from GC for $760! I bet the salesman got in a lot of trouble for that deal!