Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FENDER CONFUSION

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by F-CLEF-IN-D, Apr 8, 2002.

1. WAS GOINZON ALL MY FELLOW BASS PLAYERS. IM HAVING A HARD TIME TRYING TO DECIDE WHICH FENDER BASSES ARE BEST TO GO WITH BETWEEN THE 5-STRING AMERICAN DELUXE PRECISION BASS OR THE AM. DLX. JAZZ BASS. THE SOUND IM GOING FOR IS LIKE SNAPPING, BRITE, BRILLIANT HIGHS, AND CRUNCHY GUT WRENCHING LOWS THAT JUST RUPTURE YOUR INSIDES. I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR THE BEST BASS FOR BRINGING OUT THE METALLIC SOUND IN MY STRINGS. WHICH OF THESE BASSES HAVE EASY REPLACEMENTS FOR PICKUPS?

THANKS A BASSic BILLION

2. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Why are you SHOUTING at us??????

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno. The ESP might hold you for a while, but an 8" combo WON'T give you any better sound, no matter the bass. Take the money, and get a better amp set up, you'll be amazed how much better the ESP'll sound.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    First off, please do not type in all caps here. It means that you are shouting in internet terms. And it really tends to annoy people. So turn off the caps lock key.:rolleyes:

For crunchy, gut wrenching lows, you are gonna need more than a new bass. A small combo amp with an 8" speaker is not gonna give you the lows you want. Just not gonna happen. I would first suggest getting yourself a better amp, and see how your ESP sounds then.

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    If you must have a new bass, I would say you should go with the jazz bass because they have a more trebly, metallic sound. P Basses are smoother and deeper sounding.

6. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    fender confusion??? who can blame 'ya ... there's a million models ...

i miss the days when my parents bought me my first "real" bass ... a 1972 white precision with a maple neck ... (damn, i wish i still had that bass today) ...

back then, it was a jazz, a precision, and maybe a mustang or musicmaster bass ... that's it!!!

being only 10 years old at the time, i remember telling them that i wanted the precision, because the two pickup version looked "too confusing." geez.

never gave a thought to the fact that the neck on the jazz was thinner for my tiny hands ...

I MISS THAT BASS ... precisions hold a special place in my heart for that very reason. and the sound ... wow.