Fender Custom 60s Pickups on a SX

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Sep 20, 2005.

1. So I bought some Fender Custom 60s Reissue pickups and put them on my SX-62 J-Bass.. Now, maybe my ear is bad, but I didn't really notice much of a difference at all. Only thing I really noticed was a reduced amount of hum when soloing the pickups. I recorded both before and after sounds and compaired and didn't notice much. Unfortunatly, I didnt think it was worth the $100 when the sound difference wasnt much from the stock pickups.

Has anyone else had this experience or am I the only one?
  2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    The stock ones may not have been bad. You know what you can do? You can just send me the Fender Customs 60s and I'll take care of them for you! :smug:
  3. heheh yeeeeeeaaaahhh..
  4. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Yeah, there's not too much difference there at all, I had to listen closely - the biggest differences were in the upper register; then it sounded like the 60s produced a slightly stronger and more-rounded and full-bodied tone.

I certainly had a much bigger change in tone from the stock Mex Jazz pickups to some Dimarzio ones. Hmmm.
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    What is that tune in the first group of sound clips? I can't for the life of me think of where its from...

I think it was from a wierd flash game...
  6. Rappers Delight.
  7. Frugle

Sep 4, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    well I personally noticed a difference... It was what i would expect from the change..

the 60s have a much more distinctive tone to them (through my MDR-V600 headphones... maybe not through an amp)

I dunno, for some reason the SX just sounds cheap... it's like the weird difference between a squire and a mexican or american. it's not a huge difference but I can hear it.

like the other guy said, it gave the higher strings a much fatter and better sound to it..

it gave your bass an all around warmth and clarity to it that wasn't there before....

weither it was worth 100 bucks I dunno.. but i'd probably do it to mine.