1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Custom Classic Jazz from the Custom Shop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by LeonD, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

*** Sold***

Up for sale is my Fender Custom Classic Jazz 4. While there's still a few around, Fender has discontinued this bass for 2009.

From Sweetwater's web site, here's the description and specs on the bass:

The Jazz Bass Custom Classic proves the magic of the Fender Custom Shop is in the hands of the builders! Their years of experience, range of skills and expertise at their craft make the instruments they build highly sought-after by players, celebrities and collectors.

Subtle refinements to Fender's legendary Jazz Bass guitar make the Custom Classic model a true player's instrument. This bass features a slightly slimmer waist contour, plus deeper cutaways for greater access to the upper registers of its 21-fret rosewood fingerboard, and is an elegant take on a Fender design classic. The Custom Classic's unbound neck, mother of pearl block inlays and detailed fret dressing round out the gorgeous look and feel of the instrument. On the inside, a cutting-edge 18-Volt preamp was designed in parallel with new ferrous-carbon pickups. The resulting synergy of this interactive system design offers a dynamic, versatile and controllable tone-shaping platform with greater headroom and less noise.

Fender Custom Classic Jazz Bass Features:
    Body: Alder
    White Finish
    Neck: Quarter-Sawn Maple, Modern "C" Shape, (Polished Satin Urethane Finish)
    Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" Radius
    No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
    Pickups: 2 Custom Noiseless Jazz Bass Pickups (Bridge / Mid)
    Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Pan Pot, 3-Band Active EQ with: Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 14 db @ 2kHz to 18 kHz with a peak at 8kHz, Mid Boost/Cut: +/- 12 db @ 1kHz, Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 15 db @ 30 kHz
    Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
    Bridge: Strings-Through-Body or Top-Load Bridge with Steel Bridge Plate and Chrome Plated, Milled, Solid Brass Saddles
    Machine Heads: Fender/Schaller Deluxe Lightweight Tuning Machines
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoise Shell
    Scale Length: 34"
    Width at Nut: 1.5"
    Case: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case

Unique Features:
    Real White Shell Block Inlays on an Unbound Neck
    Black Plastic Parts
    Fender/Schaller Straplock Strap Buttons

The only issue I have with the bass is the preamp so I changed it for an Audere two band with passive tone control. The original preamp is included.

And the strap locks have been changed to Dunlops.

The bass is in excellent condition with some swirl marks on the pickguard and a small depression on the front. Everything else is like brand new. Included is the original hard shell case.

I'm selling this bass for $1,500 paypal, insured and shipped.

LeonD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    nice one, bump .

3. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Thanks for the props, DanRJBrasil.

The Custom Shop did it right with these. And the Audere really lets the tone out.

LeonD

4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Some interest but nobody taking her home.

For less than the cost of a Fender American Deluxe Jazz, you can own a Jazz from the Custom Shop.

Maybe a few pics of the backside to help you decide.

LeonD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. :eek:

6. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Nice flame on that neck.
    Beautiful bass. Someone will get a good deal here. Sorry it cant be me:bawl:

7. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    Is that correct that the width of the neck at the nut is 1.875"?

8. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

You are absolutely, positively, 100% correct sir.

The specs sheet I was reading from is incorrect. The correct number is 1.5".

Thanks,
    LeonD

9. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    And it is a beauty. Too bad I just don't have the funds.

10. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    very nice. i dig the blocks without binding look.

11. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    wanna trade with my wilser fretless?..oops sorry... only sadowsky

12. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Actually, I was checking out your fretless. Stunning bass. Unfortunately, I've already found the "love of my fretless" life.

But I bet that bass sounds amazing!

LeonD

13. Danimal00

Danimal00 Dealer: Sweetwater

Feb 28, 2006
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sound Senior Sales Engineer
    I am surprised this is still here! I have a 5r Custom Classic Jazz in Aged Cherry. These are amazing basses that have been discontinued. These sold for well more than 1700 new, even before the price change from Fender. Awesome bass at an incredible value.

14. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    PM'd

15. Dwiggs

Dwiggs

Mar 1, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Still available?

16. bob204955

bob204955

Nov 26, 2008
    the custom classics are beautiful. im so sad they arent being pre-made anymore!

17. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Bumpin' up.

In addition to the 24 fret Sadowsky, I'd also be willing to trade for a 24 fret, MTD 535 (preferably with a wenge neck and fretboard) plus cash on my part.

LeonD

18. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

GAS got the best of me and the Jazz's replacement is on the way.

So, I'm no longer entertaining trade offers.

And I'm lowering the price to $1,500 shipped.

LeonD

19. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Gold Supporting Member

Sorry to here that... link.
    :scowl:

20. In my opinion, these are among the best Fender Basses. This should sell quickly at that price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.