1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Fender Custom Shop 1960 Jazz Relic- Stacked Knob (Daphne Blue)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by metalloid, Sep 27, 2017.

1. metalloid

metalloid Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2001
    DC
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fender Custom Shop 1960 Jazz Bass Relic (Stacked Knob)

a_ZIXfMtcXB6tioK9iZqCqxzBNGRuqdHHivC4ZFrJAKI0tXP83Q9iuPBNwvuVMkXT3UbSZLKMNVqy770Kw=w667-h1000-no.jpg

J6D6JoGfoX9ydMHVncpYUGMm30IllgYX71im3YgP-z9nzaQBzn5cp7wAechT8fIzNQsSi_KuMgjNPB4U-w=w667-h1000-no.jpg

81ra1cv3lXFKa0a0InAThaz_p9A7FI3pZ7Ti1iiVSaHo-O7ixd5y9VTLqmOEcEQPC6iLXpCp-x-JXWHUVg=w667-h1000-no.jpg

hvKYJSdJg6dHNGgsljllWrZHwkqpwO2qrjZcr-P2sEvsbivGua64wD-jpAihwGt_V0_BlKiPRrIWRv_MXQ=w667-h1000-no.jpg

ksfrZI8_6ehKtuEU5-eWnv-IMJcrIHUhq4HVFgrWv0jfkxsyqDJb5Ca4Km1_vduQsZVuNVZvXO3r_JkJHg=w667-h1000-no.jpg

LZ47FQsk6Fljtu8mE9UrSplxDDmJ1VxA8ltNREAYDM2WKRLe9-Qw80aLTSe98OLH-1Dp_dDgSFTaVfxi-Q=w703-h1000-no.jpg

U4OxsMepHlGBwms-hgkTEGNMfdDo9-xIDCqDMJ1AFD-gspAWrK5hRFAWSBgL9OXVsz1uEnoHREcE66yKrQ=w667-h1000-no.jpg

xW8kJlfWtpazEYNbnJKDoU2ng_fHB08MKMtK6ztFhJgKwRMqgJKNGlzITIverXFMEXrSquyBZCDEw-fOeA=w667-h1000-no.jpg

zqdAg0yMJEmncEx0GVpZhaRA29Jp06dLKk5KBIVdRagUGfDr2Ba0rIQAyEPfPxcmupBEucZEl4xaN6TKeg=w753-h1000-no.jpg

RjHH9TnFPT8KOisIw6VH_aJjXwqOX_y_8o0LeaE6kdbN33PugvEcj41uy1ehDw0evDtUgIXJ9rRtvxq-GA=w1000-h667-no.jpg

x6u-L200OoiWyUzefP_yfHFnl3ROwLGJWxyNjFjKzqTq_NNxekoisK4yeAHowaoecHacXcK6LlhU7b7GlQ=w1000-h667-no.jpg

rU9uO6_IDlOfJxenRyLuBfexjtAniHLy9MxiNfwsIw1uBMMKPxDeU8VC3-z3Gjb7g2hMHEsCMVblCsBqvg=w1211-h785-no.png

• Daphne Blue nitrocellulose finish
    • Lightweight alder body (8.9lbs total weight)
    • Quarter-sawn maple neck
    • Dark rosewood fretboard
    • 9.5" radius
    • Vintage frets
    • 60 Jazz Bass "U" neck shape
    • Bone nut
    • Vintage hardware
    • Stack knob
    • 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard
    • Includes case, Custom Shop leather strap, certificate of authenticity, cable, covers, etc.
    Have to sell all but one of my basses due to an unexpected freak heart condition. Dark rosewood, frets are perfect, action is quite low (0.010 @ 7th) and the truss rod nut is flush with the neck heel. Strung with 12 year old TI JF344 flats, its feel and playability is unmatched.

Price is firm, priced to sell. Can't entertain trades at this time. PayPal. ConUS only.

Thanks for your interest!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    Killer bass, man - beautiful. Sorry to hear about the reason for selling.

MojaveVox and metalloid like this.
  3. metalloid

Feb 2, 2001
    DC
    I forget to do this every time I list a bass. This one weighs in at 8.9lbs via FedEx scale.

xeWNaROs8qMOcliHsy_aHsghd2dT6Xi2A29SxZqK5brnV5BtnTwc2LSRzErdrINfWq_gLAzUcOlk7uayg=w1803-h1352-no.jpg

joker820 and d00dr like this.
  4. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    this bass is killing me!
    so sweet!

5. metalloid

Feb 2, 2001
    DC
    Jxa2WbZ8cAYMIuSmfIqEOZkbTMxicuXeP0bohfBIK7p-laB6RmUYYDircaINhK5VuDlwme3orApHRiL3pg=w750-h1000-no.jpg

I never understood the appeal of old fenders (especially FCS relics), until I acquired these two. They are the old favorite pair of jeans...just feel them and you'll never want to play anything else! The jazz has darker rosewood, thinner profile and more diverse/better sounding (IMO) than the Pino. And, $1000 less. Last bass in my collection...you won't regret it!

p.s. I've gotten several inquiries about the strings. Yes, they are 12 years old- TI Jazz flats off my (former) Fullerton precision (2005).

lowdownthump and waynobass like this.
  6. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I don't have the funds for your beautiful Jazz, but wanted to chime in to wish you well with your medical issues. I know it can be scary stuff. We're thinking about you here on TB!

el basso, metalloid and Mr. Wu like this.
  7. metalloid

Feb 2, 2001
    DC
    Thanks!!! I got off with minimally invasive surgery last month. Double whammy with a T1 diabetes diagnosis on Memorial Day. Superman days are over, but I'm not dead yet! Hard to liquidate a rack of gorgeous basses, but it can always be worse!

8. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    That slab of maple for the neck is exquisite. Beautiful grain!

metalloid likes this.
  9. Kubicki Fan

Kubicki Fan

Oct 3, 2014
    Canada
    I stumbled upon your ad browsing the ads (which I have no business doing :). May I say you have a nice looking instrument there! I am looking to buy a piano for my kid, otherwise, I'd be making you an offer.
    Hopefully, you'll adjust to your new circumstances and thrive. Your training as a musician has taught you perseverance and
    I have no doubt you'll deal with these new challenges. You might even consider it lucky some day if - in the unlikely event - this beauty doesn't sell.

Frampton and metalloid like this.
  10. Frampton

Frampton Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2010
    NY
    That bass is killer. The color is amazing. The road wear is perfect (not too over-the-top). The wood grain in the neck is tight and even. Someone needs to buy this!

11. Hang in there! I'm a T1D for the last 10 years. If you ever need any help or advice, feel free to reach out. It's a pain the in butt, but you can manage it! I wish I could swing the funds for this bass to help out.

12. metalloid

Feb 2, 2001
    DC
    Thanks! Finally getting things under control. A1C down from 14.2 to 6.5. Still getting used to the $425/mo in dexcom, omnipod, insulin, strips, all that fun stuff. Money that would have been spent on things like bass gear...:(

Kubicki Fan, tat2clod and Lammchop93 like this.
  13. Don't even get me started on the cost!! I don't use a dexcom, but my pump supplies and strips are killing me. Maybe will give the dexcom a try when they come out with the g6 early next year. I use the tandem pump, so it will work with the dexcom.

Congrats on the AWESOME A1C.

metalloid likes this.