1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Custom Shop '58 P-Bass PB Relic, Blue Sparkle, Birdseye , Masterbuilt?!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Apex_speed, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Apex_speed

Apex_speed Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Denver
    Price:
    Strings:
    You are looking at a rare and special Fender Custom Shop 1958 Relic P Bass. This bass was built as part of a very limited run of around 10 very special basses that were modeled on original instruments. Only one was built of each example so the original exists, as does the Custom Shop copy. It was built with the same exclusivity and attention to every last detail as a Master Built instrument and I would argue that Fender could not produce an instrument of this caliber today. Their quality in the custom shop is not what it once was. This bass has a remarkable multi-layer blue sparkle finish that changes depending on the light. The neck and finger board are solid Birdseye Maple and the pick guard is anodized aluminum, just like the original. It is finished in a mild relic so it has just enough checking of the finish, aging of the hardware, and purposeful nicks added to make it believable but not look like a trashed pile of junk. I have photographed a mark on the top of the headstock that was there when it arrived fresh but wanted to disclose it as it is a relic. The neck is perfect as you would expect and it plays like few other PBs. It is a dream and a monster all at the same time. If you are looking for a special player or a prized collectible, look no further. It weighs in at 8.8lbs on my shipping scale and has been sitting as new in my personal collection (climate controlled) for years. It has been demoed a handful of times but that’s it. The vintage tweed case lined in vintage orange fur includes all case candy, certificates. strap, tags, etc. It also includes two serial number plaques, the vintage correct one on the bass and a special Guitar Broker logo plate signifying the special project. Both bear the same GBPB009 serial number and match the certificate and build tag. I recently got an Adam Clayton through and this one beats it in every area from build quality to tone.

9528.JPG 9528a.JPG 9528d.JPG 9528e.JPG IMG_6100. IMG_6101. IMG_6102. IMG_6103. IMG_6104. IMG_6105. IMG_6106. IMG_6107. IMG_6108. IMG_6109. IMG_6111. IMG_6112. IMG_6113. IMG_6118. IMG_6120. IMG_6121.

dabass, Ace Of Bass, slugger and 12 others like this.
  2. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Gorgeous

3. Apex_speed

Apex_speed Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Denver
    Thanks!

StrangerDanger likes this.
  4. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Beautiful...if that had a jazz width neck...i'd be in big trouble..

basspro likes this.
  5. krfoss

krfoss Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    This is a gorgeous machine.

6. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Wow! drool

7. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    PM sent

8. basspro

basspro Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Las Vegas,NV
    Damn..im not a P guy but thinking on this one.