Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Custom Shop '59 Precision pickup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pbassnut, Nov 17, 2004.

1. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    I recently tried a Fender Mike Dirnt Precision at my local GC. It was kind of heavy and I didn't really care for the lack of contour on the back of the body. However, I did like the "meaty" neck and the sound of the Custom Shop '59 pickup. Is it possible to by this pickup "ala cart" from Fender? They do sell a Custom Shop set of Jazz pickups. Inquiring minds wanna know. Thanks!

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    They sell a 62' reissue pickup, but I don't believe they sell the 59' version.

If you can't get a hold of that, you may want to check out a Nordstrand NP4.

Just a suggestion :hyper:

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    another one you might want to try is an Aero type 1. It's wound just like the organail P pup

4. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Or the Seymour Duncan Antiquity series. Series I is their '50s version, Series II is the '60s.

5. Talk about resurrecting a dead thread!

I'm looking at getting the Squire Dirnt and was thinking about trying to find the '59 pickup. Anything new happen in the last 6 years?

ShiftyFlatwound likes this.