1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Custom Shop 60 Jazz Bass Reissue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Christcr, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    Price:
    Strings:
    The inventory reduction/realignment continues....

Fantastic purple sparkle custom shop 60 RI J-bass. Sounds great. Plays great. Looks great. I bought this new awhile back and have really only gigged with it once. It's in perfect condition--well, because it is a "light relic" it has some simulated wear, but not much. And it does have Fender's "induced checking" on the paint. But certainly not manhandled like your typical relic job. There is some really gorgeous flame and birdseye on the neck. Gold hardware looks really classy with the sparkle purple finish. Neck is straight and it is strung with EB cobalt flats at this point which are much brighter than your average flat (I can install rounds if you like). Weight is in the 9 pound range. It plays like a dream and I would call the neck a bit chunky for a J-bass. Includes all case candy and certificates. All around nice bass!

Update: as for trades, I only included that in case you have something specific that I would consider. If you don't have one of these, I will only sell--possibilities: Zon Sonus 5 string, and *possibly* a Warwick Thumb 5 NT, depending on the weight.

The $2300 price is shipped. If you live west of the Mississippi, I will discount $50 to $2250. Shipping would likely be priority mail, since it is air (usually 2 days) and the bass would not be sitting in a hot trailer for a week.

Payment via Paypal only, shipped to confirmed address withing the lower 48 US.

000_1364.JPG
    000_1365.JPG
    000_1363.JPG
    000_1404.JPG
    000_1399.JPG
    000_1403.JPG
    Nice Bass!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    lgrankin, eqvolvorama and MixBass like this.
  2. Wow wow wow!! I'll bet that thing sounds incredible!!

3. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    Definitely a beautiful bass and has that 60 Jazz tone down cold. Another bass I'm selling, biting my lip, and knowing that down the road a couple of months I'm going to be questioning that decision. But, I really need to get my bass collection evened out a bit, rather than having all Fenders as it's been for awhile now.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021