Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Custom Shop 60's - Broken pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by eduardo, Sep 27, 2002.

1. eduardo

eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
    BRAZIL
    Hello. I just bought a set of pups for my MIA Jazz - Custom Shop 60's - and I noticed that one of the wires from the winding is broken off the solder on the back of the pickup.The sallesman and the Fender's brazilian dealler told me there's no problem at all. I wonder if it is true.
    Thanks for any reply

2. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    i have the same pickups, and i love them. but are you talking about like a strip of saughter going across the windings? if i remember correctly, i think they that on all of them. but if it sounds good, it sounds good! they're hand made by fender custom shop, just like how they were done in the 60's, so if this is an error, it would be common back then. and we all know that they are top noch basses from fender in the 60's.

3. eduardo

eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
    BRAZIL
    I am talking about one single wired loose of the wiring, not in the soldiers point, but thanks any way for your reply.

4. Sharp

Sharp

Jan 27, 2002
    Oakland
    Artists Relations, KMI
    you mean that wires that go to the pots? thats an easy fix, just resolder that connection. that's all mine took. also, dont get disheartened by this, they are mighty fine pickups, if you try to fix it and still have a lemon, dont give up on that model, they're really excellent.

5. Do the Fender Custom Shop pickups come with pots?

6. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    No, they don't.