1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Custom Shop '60s compared to HW1 / AM standard? Soundclips?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sinclair, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Sinclair

Sinclair

Nov 7, 2008
    Germany
    After removing the Greasebucket Circuit and having some truble with the neck PU on my Highway One - which I could luckily fix - I wonder if upgrading to CS '60s would be worthy.

Did anyone compare the stockers to the CS?
    The stockers are nor standards either American standards.
    They're advertised as "Standard Vintage Alnico Magnet Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups"

Soundclips would be helpful. I've did a lot of research, but couln't find any.

2. bargeanimal

bargeanimal

Apr 23, 2009
    I've got a 1971 Fender Jazz Bass with an Ash body and Maple neck. The electrics need to be replaced, pickups pots wiring...... It's got unoriginal machine heads and a Badass bridge. How much do you think it's worth? Offers please?

3. bargeanimal

bargeanimal

Apr 23, 2009
    But do you have any idea of what it's worth? It's got a good straight neck. It's well aged but in totally good condition.

4. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    You're entering a world of pain.

TBL-Mark_It_Zero-1998.

As to the question at hand, I think the custom shops are overwound, at least the description states so, while the Original seem not to be overwound (no mention of it in the description), yet the still have the same DC resistance. I'm not sure if the MIA pickups use Formvar wire, the CS do.

Here are
    Custom '60s Jazz Bass Bridge Pickup:
    DC Resistance: 7.4K
    Inductance: 3.25Henries

Custom '60s Jazz Bass Neck Pickup:
    DC Resistance: 7.1K
    Inductance: 3.18Henries

Specifications:
    Original Jazz Bass Bridge
    DC Resistance 7.5K
    Inductance 3.35 Henries

Original Jazz Bass Neck
    DC Resisitance 7.25K
    Inductance 3.2 Henries

5. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    It's worth what someone will pay for it.
    You can look at plenty of past sales for similar items - we can't tell you here.

If you want to see it here - or promote it for sale even, you must be a supporting member.

We'd love to have ya!