SOLD Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass NOS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Coelho, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    For sale is my Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass NOS. The bass has a great neck and is setup perfectly. It has a small blemish near the output jack, see the pictures bellow - photographed in high detail. No other problems other than that. Everything else is perfect. Plays great and sounds great, really nails that vintage Fender tone.

Bass will ship in the vintage OHSC with Fender vintage strap, manual, Fender cloth and Fender Custom Shop sticker.

Price is $1650 - Lowered - shipped to lower 48 states.

IMG_8429.jpg

IMG_8427.jpg

IMG_8426.jpg

IMG_8425.jpg

IMG_8423.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8461.jpg

IMG_8440.jpg

2. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Sunday bump

3. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    pm sent !:hyper:

4. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Sorry, no trades!

5. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    I just responded a PM and took the pickup covers, so there are some extra info. Please read below, might answer some other questions:

I am the second owner. Purchased from the original owner in January 08. I just have too many basses, and I will sell them all and keep only 4 of them (2 Sadowsky and 2 Musicman, a 4 and a 5 string of each)..

The weight is a little less than 9 pounds.

Frets are perfect. As new and perfectly setup (believe me, I have 1 Fodera and 3 Sadowsky... The frets on this bass are perfect).

Truss rod and neck are perfect. No issues at all, fantastic neck.

I just took out the pickup covers. There are some marks under the bridge pickup due to the fact that the finish is nitro. These marks are exactly aligned with the pickup cover so my guess is that a lot of pressure was put screwing the bridge cover and it marked the body. There are also some thin hairlines (2 of them) in the back, normal of nitro finishes. They start cracking with time and this normal (some say desirable) behavior in nitro instruments.

Macro Photographs of the bridge pickup cover marks below. The thin hairline in the back is almost impossible to photograph.

IMG_8469_2.jpg
    IMG_8473_2.jpg
    IMG_8474.jpg

6. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Lowered price to $1650 shipped to lower 48...

7. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Sold to Andy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.