1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Custom Shop Custom Care Registration

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PBassin, Apr 16, 2016.

1. PBassin

PBassin Bass Initiate

Jan 13, 2016
    New Jersey
    For anyone that has/had a Fender Custom Shop bass...

...have you ever registered your bass with Fender Custom Shop's Custom Care program? If so, did you receive anything in the mail? How long did it take?

Additionally, have you ever submitted your bass for warranty work? If so, how did the process work for you?

Thanks!

2. Midak

Midak

Sep 4, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    Yes, I have registered my CS '64. It is quite easy, follow the steps in the site. I also e-mailed Fender because I didn't know if the procedure was over or were I to expect an e-mail confirmation; the person in charge of the Custom Care program replied back, informing me that the registration was complete and that I was also going to receive a package with a card to write on my '64's serial number and attach it to my case, just like a luggage tag. That was fun. :p

But there hasn't been any need for submitting my bass for warranty work.

PBassin likes this.
  3. PBassin

PBassin Bass Initiate

Jan 13, 2016
    New Jersey
    I registered already, but I'm in a similar situation. After submitting my information I didn't receive any confirmation that my submission was successful. There's a kind of "left hanging" feeling as a result. Do you remember how long after you registered your instrument you received your package?

4. Midak

Midak

Sep 4, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    E-mail Fender, they will inform you about your registration. If I remember correctly, they send out the packages at the beginning of each month, so yours may reach you in May. Mine took about a month, too.

PBassin likes this.
  5. I registered both my CS basses at the end of October. Never heard anything further, so I emailed them. They advised they were registered.

Said I should receive my tags and cards by March... Still waiting.. Oh well..our guitarist in our band has several CS guitars.. All registered and received his tags within a month or so, but when he purchased his last CS strat around the same time as me back in October he registered it then and still nothing..must be one heck of a back log....as long as they are registered. That's the main thing for me..

6. PBassin

PBassin Bass Initiate

Jan 13, 2016
    New Jersey
    Well, that sounds a bit disappointing. At a minimum, I'll have to contact Fender to make sure my bass is registered.